Yes, you read that right.
I always hated pulling my clear, plastic bag out of my neatly packed carry on for security as people waited, toes tapping, behind me to get through the line. Even worse, it happens all too often that upon arrival, my shampoo exploded or my moisturizer became pressurized and won’t stop spewing.
I’ve gradually adopted new products to help alleviate these problems and finally I found a way to pack completely liquid-free for carry on bags!
There are plenty of liquid-free products but they don’t all live up to their hype, so it’s been a long journey to find the best of the best. Here are my top picks:
- LUSH Toothy Tabs in Dirty: All natural toothpaste that I’ve found to keep my teeth feeling cleaner and looking brighter throughout the day better than other toothpastes. One brush equals one tab so it’s easy to portion for different trip durations.
- LUSH No Drought dry shampoo: If you’re going on a short trip, you can definitely pull of just using this rather than additionally bringing shampoo or other hair cleaning products. The grapefruit pulls oil from your scalp and leaves your hair smelling so yummy! It’s a powder product so you won’t have trouble in high elevations, and it seriously lasts forever. I’ve had my bottle for years and still have so much left.
- LUSH Shampoo Bars: If you can’t already tell, I’m just a tad obsessed with LUSH, but these bars are seriously awesome! I now use this as my everyday shampoo, not just for traveling. I use the scent Jumping Juniper because my hair can get oily pretty easily and the lavender and lemon ingredients cut oil and keep my hair soft. Seanik is great if you have dry hair!
- LUSH Conditioner Bars: Just like a normal bar of soap, rub this in your hands or all over your hair then rinse. Since you generally don’t use much conditioner at a time, you can cut off chunks of this for trips. I like the way Sugar Daddy-O complements my shampoo bar scent.
- Tarte Cosmetics frxxxtion stick 3-in-1 exfoliating cleanser: Amazing solid face moisturizer! My face feels super clean after using this and the tiny exfoliants really buff out black heads and oil. Easy clean up and it stays clean and compact in your suitcase.
- COOLA Body Lotion Bar: The orange patchouli bar has a bright scent and it’s seriously moisturizing. They come in tins so it’s really easy to throw in your purse for daily accessibility or your suitcase without extra packaging or concealment from your clothes. They also have a great line of sunscreen that can come in sticks if you’re heading to a sunny spot!
- Dove White Beauty Bar: I like bringing this soap on trips because I feel comfortable using it as a body wash and a face wash. It has a nice light scent and leaves my skin feeling clean rather than slick and tight like other soap bars.
These are my basic toiletry essentials when I’m traveling, but there are other products that I like to use for health and beauty that just don’t always make the cut for trips. LUSH’s exfoliating bars or lip scrubs are some of those “luxury” items.
As I mentioned above, I love LUSH. They are a huge part of my everyday routine along with my travel routines, and I feel comfortable recommending these products to friends because they are all natural and cruelty free.
Tarte Cosmetics is also a fantastic brand, and aside from their exfoliating stick, I use their moisturizer and various makeup products (most of them, actually) daily! Again, vegan and cruelty free so it’s an amazing brand to follow.
If you’re having a hard time finding liquid-free products that work for you, I highly recommend stopping by a local LUSH and/or Sephora store and getting some free samples!